10. Bring all of your money. The registers never stop ringing in New Amsterdam.
9. Practice holding both hands above head for extended periods.
8. Your immigrant cab driver holds two Ph.D. degrees. Please be respectful.
7. Use best judgment when peeing in public spaces.
6. Rats, pigeons, squirrels and racoons may be aggressive. No citations issued for kicking critters off-leash. Relax and enjoy.
5. When in Manhattan, do not visit the “Holland Bar” located south of Port Authority Bus Terminal without escort.
4. Only Boston has worse drivers behind the wheel.
3. New York City is built upon a granite foundation that has higher mass per sq/in than, say, Kansas. Gravity is much more powerful. Bring comfortable footwear.
2. Ray didn't invent pizza, after all.
1. If you say something, see something.